December 31, 2011
It’s that time of year when we are supposed to think about all the ways we wish to improve ourselves. Eat better, exercise more, save more money, learn Chinese…
My New Year’s Resolution is to get stuff done around the house. Our house could easily be categorized as “builder-boring.” My goal this year is to takle the projects I want to complete to make it feel more like the home I’ve always dreamed of.
I have created a Pinterest board for all the projects I would like to complete before we reach 2013. It is going to be a lot of work, but I think I can do it.
Here is what I am thinking:
1) Give our Master Suite a make-over.
2) Finally get around to decorating my son’s room. Poor kid is almost 2 and has been living in a world of beige mismatch.
3) Add crown-molding around the built-ins in our family room.
4) Organize our pantry.
5) Paint upstairs hall and give it some life. Hang some pictures.
6) Organize linen closet.
7) Decorate the hallway bath to be kid-friendly.
8) Do other organization projects around the house: cupboards, closets, etc.
I hope to post updates when I have them. Be on the look out for some (hopefully) good before and after photos.